General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Come on Bill S

OK, you talked me into it... I'm in for the 100. Looking forward to the ride!

Re: Hot 100 Preview

I plan on being there but will be doing one of the pre-rides less than 100 m

I will be there and I will more than likely do the 33 mile route.

There will be cue sheets for all routes. Routes will be marked - but we need feedback if you see problems or opportunites for improvement.

I'm doing the 33 - but I plan to leave a cooler at Simmons Chapel Free Methodist Church (100 mile loop) and another in Statesville (66 and 100 milers). I'll give you the address to the cooler in Statesville on the cue sheet. A friend of a club member is letting us use his front porch so maybe the coolers will not get stolen this year....

There is also a market in Readyville - but the owner is not very friendly (don't ask me how I really feel about him) and I choose not to spend my money in his shop - there are several fast food places and markets once you get into Woodbury before you make the left on Doolittle.

On the back side of Doolittle - once you hit 96 - the cue sheet takes you Right - but if you need a market at that point, turn left and Duttons Market is about a mile up 96 will add a couple miles to your ride.

14 and 33 milers will not have a market (unless you go to the one in Readyville) so pack plenty of water/snacks if you're doing the 14 or 33 mile routes.

Hope to see a big crowd on Saturday!!