General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Bike To Work Day

No, I ride past what I suppose is a side entrance off Murfreesboro Road. The plant does have its own stop light there so unless they are coming out of the plant at that moment it always green for M'bor Road.

Re: Bike To Work Day

oh ok, thats where the fitness center entrance is. I could go up that way and turn by the police station, if its still there.

Mike and Josh- Don't know if it fits your route but if you come through Leanna after crossing Nice Mill Dam bridge turn right at next 2 stop signs, you will be on Florence which will take you behind Nissan plant and then at stop sign at Enon Springs take a left and you will come out on the other side of Nissan plant and from there you can route through the town on less traveled roads.
Just an idea- I work at Nissan and when I ride my bike to work that's the way I get around the heaviest of the Nissan traffic and it keeps me off Murfreesboro Road
Cary

Josh,
I've lived in the Old Jefferson Pike area the past 19 years. I travel in my car down Florence/Enon Springs every morning between 6:30-6:45. Traffic seems fine on Florence in the mornings. In order to avoid the Nissan traffic I would take Florence till it dead ends at Old Jefferson Pike. Take a left on Old Jefferson and ride till it ends at West Jefferson Pike. If you want to avoid the heavy traffic on West Jefferson you can try what I do. I walk across the road and cut through the trees/weeds and ride on a small gravel road beside a cornfield. The gravel road takes you to the Sharp Springs park/greenway. If you make a left on the greenway that will be your shortest route.(about 1/4 mile on the greenway into the park roads) If you take a right you can add a few miles to your morning workout. You will have no traffic worries and if you go through the park it comes out right in the Swan Drive area. I have some connections at TDOT and the good news about West Jefferson Pike is they are currently working on a traffic study which will widen the road and add bike lanes up to the bridge. This will take years, but eventually they hope to connect the greenway.
Hope this helps. Just ask if you need more info about the area. Chris
Now if I could only figure out a way to strap 2 kids, all my school work and bags etc. to my bike I could ride my bike to school. We don't have showers at the school so I doubt my class would appreciate my morning workout.

Re: Re: Bike To Work Day

Who else rode to work this morning?! My ride was great. I left early to allow plenty of time, which also helped with traffic. It was an 11 mile ride for me from Old Jefferson Pk to Tech Park Dr. in LaVergne. I took the greenway the first part of the ride, so that was about half the distance in itself. Just wanted to share!

Re: Re: Re: Bike To Work Day

I did my usual...Brentmeade to Medical Center Parkway...8 miles. Uneventful...which is the way I like it!

still working on a route from M'boro to Vanderbilt..but you guys have inspired me..I will probably find a place to drive/park somewhere in Smyrna/Lavergn/Nolensville area that will give me a 10-15 mile commute in. either way I win...cut my car commute, save gas, AND get to ride my bike.

I'm still working on the shower situation and dress code. No issues coming in on the weekends when I have to work for a few hours. I'm the only one here. During the week we are business casual and stench free