General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1000 Mile Fund Raiser Ride

1,000 Mile Fundraiser Ride

April 19 thru 27 I will be riding 1,000 miles from Auburn to Savannah, GA, down to Jacksonville, FL, and then across FL on old U.S. 90 to Mobile as a fundraiser for The Little Tree Learning Center, an inclusive preschool for children with Autism and typical children that is operated by The Learning Tree, Inc., a private non-profit residential school for children with developmental challenges. Last year I rode 865 miles from Auburn to Jacksonville, and then over to Mobile, raising over $8,000 for the preschool. This year I am adding a few miles to make it 1,000, an average of about 111 miles daily.

This is a wonderful trip and a Spring ride across South Georgia is a rare delight. I welcome others to join me. We will provide a support vehicle, drinks, and snacks. Riders will be responsible for their own bike, equipment, lodging and food, and raising $500 from sponsors for the benefit of The Little Tree. A very detailed map of the ride will be provided to riders which pinpoints mileage markers, landmarks, country stores, cities, towns, restaurants, drug stores, Wal-Marts, etc. for the entire trip.

The trip will begin at 6 AM on Saturday the 19th at The Little Tree in Auburn, and conclude at The Little Tree in Mobile, at 1176 Azalea Rd. on Sunday the 27th around 4 PM. If you have never been on a long ride, it is a real treat and I invite you to join me and help support the most innovative preschool in the Southeast for children with Autism.

For more information contact: Jerre Brimer
jbrimer@bellsouth.net
251-331-8199