Return to Website

The Fabulous 50's Group ~ Discussion Forum

Feel free to post a message... (Please excuse all the Ads - no extra cost for these ;-)

The Fabulous 50's Group ~ Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
a
Aimore
Software Training
Aimore Technologies is the best software training in chennai with 5+ years of experience. We are offering online and classroom training. best software training in chennai | Python training in chennai | Aws training in chennai | Selenium training in chennai | R Progra...
Views: 29   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 28, 2021 8:29am
by Aimore
Commercial Classes
Any members from 11C (1953) and 12C (1954). We have our own little reunion going on once or twice a year and are interested in hearing from anyone or if you know of someone from this group. Remembering and finding married names has been difficult or impossible. Pl...
Views: 523   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 3, 2019 2:21pm
by larry baxter
Does anyone here know of the Walmsleys
they lived on Parkmount Road. area off Danforth.. I then went on to Earl Beatty and also attended Agincourt if anyone here attended.. plse contact.. many thanks.. what a great board .. S..
Views: 662   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 3, 2019 2:17pm
by larry baxter
Blair Smyth
Big guy with big heart, RIP my friend
Views: 59   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 3, 2019 2:14pm
by larry baxter
Gary Copeland
I am trying to contact Gary Copeland. I saw a collection of his photos on this blog and my sister Grace would like to reconnect with him. They worked together at Texaco many years ago.
Views: 217   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 3, 2019 2:12pm
by larry baxter
Gamma Sigma Fraternity founded in Brockport, NY in 1969
Hello: I am conducting some research on the Gamma Sigma Fraternity that was founded in Brockport, NY in 1969. I was wondering if I can speak with someone that is knowledgeable of Gamma Sigma's history? Thanks in advance for your time and consideration. Be...
Views: 77   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 23, 2018 8:12am
by Phil Velez
Howdy to `53 & `54 Gang
I finally took the time to view comments & pics. of the past on the Web site. Viewing old pics. of past Classmates, Jr. Football Teammates etc. certainly brings back great memories! Hearty thanks to all who took the time to create the excellent `Haig Web site....
Views: 73   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 29, 2018 6:28pm
by ROY JONES, "SP...
Manual Motherboard Msi Ms 7168 Ver 1c
http://s18.postimg.org/bb1w8bpgp/952da86137fc3d9f2a80498bf06613f7.jpg Manual Motherboard Msi Ms 7168 Ver 1c > http://tinyurl.com/ofj2cw2 Manual Motherboard Msi Ms 7168 Ver 1c 97ffa81d91 Estimated delivery dat...
Views: 411   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 16, 2014 2:55am
by gemminic
Molotov Donde Jugaran Las Ninas (1997).rar
http://s1.uploads.im/FPihB.jpg Molotov Donde Jugaran Las Ninas (1997).rar > http://urlin.us/0f5qz Molotov Donde Jugaran Las Ninas (1997).rar 972c82176d BBE - D82 Sonic Maximizer v2.4 AU VST RTAS 32 64 bit Mac...
Views: 394   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 14, 2014 1:00am
by olabicarli
Found 4 Tony Hunet pins
FOUND FOUR PINS E.H.C.I. 1946-1949 WITH ANTHONY(TONY) HUNTER'S NAME.DR. HILL MEDAL ANTHONY HUNTER GRADE XIII 1949.WAS GOING TO POST ON MY EBAY STORE BUT WILL HOLD ON .WILL SEND PICTURES.I LIVE IN HALIFAX WOULD LOVE TO RETURN TO MR.HUNTER OR FAMILY OF.SINCERLY ROBERT...
Views: 196   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 7, 2013 12:59pm
by Robert Dionne
The Gibsons,(George, Gloria, Cathy and Valerie)
I can't locate George (my old buddy) or his sisters through the usual internet sources. Can anyone help? They used to live on Elmhurst Ave. but there is no trace in the phone books or address directories. I'd love to catch up on developments over the last half...
Views: 395   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 10, 2013 5:28pm
by Judy Wanless Hai...
Hunstville Band Trip
Greetings, Does anyone recall the bus trip to Huntsville around 1955? The Senior Band played, there was a dance, we were billeted around town... Not sure but there may have been our football or basketball team playing the Huntsville gang Saturday afternoon. Bob Cr...
Views: 577   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 21, 2012 5:16pm
by Sandra Lewis nee...
Looking for Annabelle Magwood
Had a request from Gail Carter Wylie..she is looking for Annabelle and has found that her sister Heather Magwood Wallingford attended a reunion dinner recently, with this 50s group. She has asked me to try to find out about Annabelle....could someone please contact m...
Views: 252   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 5, 2011 2:57pm
by Bob Moye
WHERE ARE YOU??
I'm trying to locate you for an old "BOYFREND" of yours who would like to simply say "HELLO".
Views: 220   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 22, 2010 10:49pm
by Marilyn Miller
Mary's Lunch Get Together
That is one wonderful looking lunch table.....I'm sure everybody loved it and what was onit. Jacquie Clarke
Views: 192   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 9, 2009 11:15pm
by Jacquie (Eaton) ...
Searching for Linda Thompson
Anyone have any information on Linda Thompson who attended the Haig from 55 to 58 approx. She lived on Cummer Ave.
Views: 204   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 31, 2009 3:10pm
by Bob Wilson
Searching for Kathy Piper
I am trying to contact Kathy Piper who lived on Churchill Ave. We attended Teacher's College together and since then have lost touch. If anyone can help, would be most appreciative.
Views: 496   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 15, 2009 12:55am
by June Farmer
where are they
wondering where Eleanor Sadlo and Bev. Winkie are today
Views: 769   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 28, 2009 2:08pm
by Eleanor Sadlo (r...
r
Russ
Does anyone remember "EHCI", the school spirit? ... scarey!
I recall a ghostly figure that was posted in the halls to promote school spirit. It was mentioned in one of our old Blue & Whites. Does anyone know who's idea that was?
Views: 693   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 25, 2009 7:22pm
by Don Brown
An old Classmate for Marie Scott
Hi Marie, I finally found Eleanor Sadlo...or she found me..Anyway, I got an e-mail from her a couple of weeks ago' She asked about you and how she could get in touch...so if you want to call me at 203-254-1644, I can give you her e-mail address or you can e-...
Views: 190   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 20, 2009 8:32pm
by Jacquie Eaton Cl...
Manitoba Photo
I don't mean to be a spoil sport but I could never understand why people like to hunt animals for the kill.......I really did not like those photos of the hanging buck. These animals have almost no chance against a high powered rifle. What a shame. J.C.
Views: 249   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 8, 2007 2:32pm
by Jacquie Clarke
Lost people
Sorry I meant to say Hansen for Jack. J.C.
Views: 390   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 4, 2006 10:44pm
by Jacquie Eaton ...
Lost people
While I did know Marianne McKinnon.....and grew up next door to her, I was very surprised to see she had passed away this year. Does anyone know what happened? And Jack Lensen, I didn't know, but he was in the band at the dinner in May of 2006, so that was anothe...
Views: 315   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 4, 2006 10:41pm
by Jacquie Eaton ...
Finding Sandra Daniels
Well hello Sandra! I saw your picture with the 1956 cheerleaders and suddenly remembered attending John Wanless PS with you when you lived on Melrose Ave. What a surprise! Give me a call at bill.duke@sympatico.ca
Views: 493   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 18, 2005 9:00am
by Bill Duke
Finding people and getting a response from a question.
Okay everybody. surely somebody knows what happened to Eleanor Sadlo...who was planning to go into nursing....and Marie Scott, I responded to your question....where are you? I grew up with you could you just read the discussion group and say Hi. I'd really appreci...
Views: 613   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 31, 2005 8:13pm
by Jacquie Eaton Cl...
Finding people and getting a response from a question.
Okay everybody. surely somebody knows what happened to Eleanor Sadlo...who was planning to go into nursing....and Marie Scott, I responded to your question....where are you ? I grew up with you could you just read the discussion group and say Hi. I'd really appre...
Views: 484   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 5, 2005 12:39am
by Jacquie Eaton Cl...
Car Pix for The 50's Site
Russ and I would like to post some pictures of our favourite 'rides' from the past or if you have or had a collector-type vehicle... like my 68 Ford Galaxie convertible. I dunno, call them Haigers' Heaps or something a bit more flattering. We had some great crop-dus...
Views: 530   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 22, 2005 2:13pm
by Bruce Manning
E.H. 50th Anniversary Parade Etc.
Me again: There was a committee formed to round up the '57 grads + others. On the appointed day there was a parade (in the rain) with some 1957 automobiles, Mayor David Crombie rode in his official car, Russ's Dixieland Band played on a flatbed truck (in the same ra...
Views: 551   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 30, 2005 4:40pm
by Bruce Manning
c
Carl
Mail Bag
Replies I've received from email...
Views: 1272   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 2, 2005 8:43pm
by Rev. Iain Macdon...
Searching
Looking for Sylvia Wonnacott.....would love to talk about old times..and new..Gail
Views: 518   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 19, 2005 2:21pm
by Gail Reed
Delphians
Does anyone still have a Delphan for the years: 1950-51 / 1951-52 / 1952-53? Also, whatever happened with the Delphian? Has the name of the year book changed? I guess nowadays, you can get it on a CD like everything else.??
Views: 709   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 3, 2005 6:09pm
by coco
Jack Tovell
I went to Vic Pk and Jack Tovell was a huge influence for me when he taught and coached there. Thanks for the memories your last pics (reunion Y2K) of JT bring back for me. If anyone has more, love to see them. garyk
Views: 734   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 23, 2005 6:52am
by Gary Kenney
c
Corina
awesome pictures
Whoa, the school looks so different in the 50s, and the school song is different too. Lots of sports and other stuff. We dont have cheerleaders or football anymore. Seems like the 50s generation had an awesome time. Wicked.
Views: 581   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 18, 2005 8:59pm
by Corina
Miss Kathleen Knox, Chemistry Teacher, 1954-55
Does anyone know what happened to Miss Kathleen Knox, that wonderful and very beautiful Chemistry teacher I had in the one year (1954-55) I was at EHCI? I was never a chemistry buff...still am not, and Chem 5E at Michigan, (the required course for all freshman engin...
Views: 599   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 21, 2004 1:31pm
by Allan Tweddle,
a
ann
SEARCHING FOR CAMPBELLS
I am searching for Campbells who have kin in the Southhampton, Ont area Also if anyone would like to have free search sites for genealogy or photos from the country their oldest ancestors came from or if you would like to send me jokes as we print them off and take...
Views: 548   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 11, 2004 12:00pm
by ann
b
bob
greetings
visiting
Views: 507   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 10, 2004 5:45pm
by bob
Looking for............
Does anyone remember Eleanor Sadlo? I think she graduated in 1953. I've tried checkong with some people who graduated in her year.....but noone seems to have maintained contact with her. I know she wanted to go to nursing school(at least that was the direction...
Views: 574   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 7, 2004 9:40pm
by Jacquie Eaton Cl...
r
Russ
Fabulous 50s Website
It looks like this discussion board is working.
Views: 679   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 25, 2004 10:32pm
by Bud Bannerman
75th Reunion
Evening Folks: I hosted the Gamma Sigma Fraternity Theme Room at the Haig's 75th Reunion last October. Gamma Sigma was one of four Fraternal organizations that existed at the Haig over a good number of years. The Gamma Delta Chapter of the Gamma Sigma Fraterni...
Views: 585   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 19, 2004 1:11am
by Martin Silver
Welcome to your Bravenet Forum!
Welcome to your new Bravenet Message Forum! Please feel free to explore the wide range of Message Forum customization options available to you in the Members Area. Login to your account with your username and password and set up your message...
Views: 393   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 5, 2003 5:21am
by Bravenet Support
Free Forum powered by Bravenet