ADHD & Aspergers Forum

ADHD, Aspergers and related disorders :- Post your questions, or just make your opinion known. Tell us if you have ADHD/Aspergers and what life is like for you. Or are you a parent who would like to share your experiences or need advice from others. Feel free to post your comments but remember to consider the feelings of others. The opinions expressed here are those of individuals and not those of professionals and may not reflect the views of the host. Discression is advised when ascertaining the validity of message contents. Stay safe - do not give out your address or phone number. :-)

ADHD & Aspergers Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
d
debbie
private school
Is private schooling the best option?
Views: 289   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 17, 2005 8:45pm
by tracey
Sleeping
Hello there, Does anyone have any ideas on how to get a 6yr old with Aspergers to go off to sleep earlier at night. Although we have a routine ,involving bath ,story in bed by 8.00 then light left on for 15mins (using timer)he still cannot seem to settle and finally...
Views: 361   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 9, 2005 12:50pm
by Jane-marie
ADHD programme on BBC2 Thurs 3rd Feb
Horizon on BBC 2 at 9pm on Thurs 3rd Feb 2005 is regarding ADHD & diagnosis. Details of the programme content are on the BBC web page (www.bbc.co.uk)under the BBC2 heading, click on 'Horizon'.
Views: 351   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 5, 2005 8:27pm
by Craig
l
lucy
little help and advice needed please!!!
    hello, I have wrote on here before about my son lewis who is 6 and was diagnosed in may with AS. Well we have been having a good couple of months with lewis, his school are doing an A1 job ,they have got extra staff in to help him during class and...
Views: 353   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 5, 2005 7:09am
by Leanne Smith
k
kerry
adhd/dyslexia/aspergers
I am looking for as much info on the above please. My 9 year old daughter Robyn was diagnosed with dyslexia in july 2004 and aspergers & adhd in november 2004.I have looked at many websites and a lot of it is for boys with AS girls are not mentioned that much.Robyn i...
Views: 388   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 4, 2005 7:09pm
by Matt & Donna
the sugar rush
hi everyone hope you all had a good christmas. once again my dear friends and relatives have been so thoughtful and given my son enough sweets and chocolate to keep him in a sugar induced hyper until next year lol.im going to take him round to thier houses when hes...
Views: 329   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 21, 2005 2:17pm
by rebecca
d
debbie
schools and the right punishment for bad behaviour?
hello , My daughter is 6 in march she is asd and recently she has started spitting at the children in her school. she was due to go on a trip today monday 17th but she was told if she spat again she wouldnt go , and guess what she did it again, i stopped her going to...
Views: 334   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 19, 2005 12:04pm
by tracey
t
Thorne
Special Needs Schools
I am one of the 3 founders of schools in Ohio which specialize in the needs of children with Asperger’s and ADHD disorders. We are now 6 years old, and by next fall will have a total of 47 schools within the State of Ohio. We, rightly or wrongly, pride ourselv...
Views: 454   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 3, 2005 8:24pm
by Farouk Valimahom...
Atomoxetine
My 7 year year old son has traits of Aspergers Syndrome and ADHD. He has just been prescribed a new drug called Atomoxetine. I would like to hear from any parents of childen who have been prescribed this medication. Thank you
Views: 143   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 1, 2005 8:33pm
by Claire lewis
a
Anj
Happy New Year
Happy New Year everyone Take care Anj
Views: 169   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 31, 2004 10:00pm
by Sally Ann
Christmas
I just want to wish you all a very happy christmas.
Views: 170   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 27, 2004 10:53am
by Andy Heighway
t
Thorne
Testimonial letter
i have posted a letter to your readers regarding our opening a school for Asperger children in the UK. The following letter was recieved recently and will show the impact our schools are having. This is one of many. Donald J. Thorne CFO & Chief Development Offi...
Views: 366   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 10, 2004 9:37pm
by Thorne
c
Craig
Does anyone have advice or information?
After yet another exclusion and an I.B.P. which has never been followed (made up for my benefit I think) we have a meeting on Monday to discuss where we go regarding his place in school. We have never had any outside help within school (eg Psychologist or Bahviour Su...
Views: 297   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 10, 2004 2:07pm
by admum
d
delly
adhd aspergers and ritalin
hello, does any one know whether ritalin can expose previously hidden aspergers. My 8 year old son has dyspraxia and was recently diagnosed with adhd. he has been on rialin for about a month. Since being on ritlain his ability to focus and concentrate has improve...
Views: 466   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 4, 2004 6:16pm
by Nadia
Any advice?
My son Thomas (aged 12) has been off school since 7th October as his new school don't think they can cope with him! He was only there for less than 4 weeks and has a Band D statement so they knew what they were taking on. Since then his statement has changed to Band...
Views: 245   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 24, 2004 4:53pm
by Sally Ann
ADHD
my elevan year old son has been taking atomoxitine now for the last twelve weeks. I would like to hear from anyone whos child has suffered any side effects from the drug.
Views: 239   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 23, 2004 12:45pm
by rebecca
spending too much time on pc
Can anyone give me advice about how much time is acceptable to allow my son spend on the pc.His psychologist has told us he is spending too much time on the pc and we should lessen the time he is allowed on it and tell him to go and spend time with his friends. My...
Views: 133   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 23, 2004 11:22am
by Charmaine
c
Craig
Where do we go from now
Just got turned down for DLA. Needs are not enough! Maybe they'd like him for a week! Not sure where to go from here. Also causing mayhem at school. He has come home every day this week telling me how he is never in class and just wanders around avoiding staff...
Views: 372   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 23, 2004 11:18am
by Charmaine
slightly Aspergers
We were told my our 12 year old son had ADHD and then told he had autistic tendencies. Then we were told he was slightly As when he was 14 and later that he wasn't. Then we were told yes he was but not to tell him, only to have it mentioned to him on our next visit t...
Views: 362   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 23, 2004 11:08am
by Charmaine
r
Ryan
Are they different?
I was wondering if Autism and Asperger's are tow different syndromes. I've read that there are similarities and differences between the two, but is Asperger's a form of Autism or what?
Views: 352   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 23, 2004 10:58am
by Charmaine
For AH
Hi don't know if you got my last e-mail sent at 12:20pm yesterday. Tried sending you an e-mail today but it came back to me saying address didn't exist. Is there a problem with your e-mail?
Views: 136   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 19, 2004 2:35pm
by Sally Ann
a
AH
For Sally Ann
Hi Sally Ann. Sorry, been away for a couple of days. Given that your son is so bright, have you tried taking him to DCU? They run courses for gifted children. My son goes and loves it. They are well used to ADHD/AS children. Check out the website www.dcu.ie/ctyi. S...
Views: 318   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 17, 2004 1:52pm
by Sally Ann
a
Alison
as/adhd/add
Hi my name is Alison, Just wondering if someone could advise me. I have three boys all undergoing assessment for different problems. My eldest is now 9 and since 18 months the psychologists and pediatrician said that he was on the Autistic spectrum, had major lear...
Views: 135   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 15, 2004 9:57am
by Alison
1 2
Free Forum powered by Bravenet