General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jim Kidd Memorial Ride - Sunday March 19 - 2:00 Rockvale Elementary

On Sunday, March 19 - the Kidd family will be having a Memorial for Jim at his home at 2141 Veterans Parkway, Murfreesboro, TN 37128 from 2:00 -6:00.

At 3:00 pm there will be a Color Guard on hand to offer up Taps and a 21 gun salute to honor Jim's service to our country.

Some have indicated to me that they would like to ride over to Jim's house - so I have put together a route from Rockvale Elementary that goes by Jim's house and includes some of his favorite roads. Plan to leave the school at 2:00.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/19521639 It's only 3 miles from the school to Jim's house - so for those of you who haven't been riding much - this is an easy out and back.

For those who want a longer ride, I've added a loop of 17 miles.

If you want to reverse the route to get more miles in before the service - you could do that as well - just need to average >13 mph to get to his house in time for Taps and 21 gun salute.

I will not be in town that day but Janey Drye will be at the school to get the ride started.

Even if you didn't know Jim or have the privileged of riding that Thursday night ride from his house - you have have benefited from him being part of our club - so I hope as many as possible will show up Sunday to let the Kidd family know how much we love and appreciate Big Jim.

Sarah