General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jim Kidd

It is with much sadness that I post of the passing of "Big Jim". James Kidd died peacefully Saturday evening. According to Facebook post by family members, he had cancer and donated his body to science.

The family is planning a memorial service, and I will post details here, once I know what they are.

When I started riding with the club nearly 20 years ago - Jim was one of the first members I met - he led a ride from his house off Kimbro Road (Now Veterans Parkway) every Thursday evening during ride season. He taught me how draft, how to climb, and how to clip in using my new cleats. He was a great teacher, and had an amazing amount of patience with new riders - always following in the last rider, smiling and encouraging them the whole way.

Just yesterday, as we rode past his house during our Saturday ride, I waved and shouted hello to Jim - as I always do when I ride past his house.

I know many member of the Murfreesboro Bike Club have Jim Kidd stories to share - please feel free to do so here. Rest in Peace Big Jim.

Re: Jim Kidd

Many found memories of the bike starts at Jim's home on Kimbro...I can see him now riding with no pain with the Lord at his side!!