Return to Website

The Fabulous 50's Group ~ Discussion Forum

Feel free to post a message... (Please excuse all the Ads - no extra cost for these ;-)

The Fabulous 50's Group ~ Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
E.H. 50th Anniversary Parade Etc.

Me again:
There was a committee formed to round up the '57 grads + others. On the appointed day there was a parade (in the rain) with some 1957 automobiles, Mayor David Crombie rode in his official car, Russ's Dixieland Band played on a flatbed truck (in the same rain), the "Class of '57" had a reception with drink coasters made up to reflect how classy we were, receiving at the Prince Hotel. Maybe we ate at the Japanese restaurant whilst there? Photos and replies appreciated, here or to my email. Who-all was in the committee? Was there a dance or house party, too? I know there was a lot of planning done, just for the '57rs' part. Good memories, Gang! Thanks, b

Your last year at The Haig 1957

Re: E.H. 50th Anniversary Parade Etc.

Mr. Manning

This event sounded like fun. I would have liked to attend, but I did attend the 50's dinner earlier in the month.

For admittedly selfish reasonsI'd like to suggest that these 50's events be planned on the same weekend so that out of town alumnae like myself can be there for both events. (I live 560 miles away in Chjarleston West Virginia, a 9 hour drive in aregular car, probably 10 or more in my old dear "Oliver").

Why not make it a 50's weekend?

Besides, I might have brought "Oliver", my '57 2 door Bentley Continental Coupe, quite rare, it is one of only 14 LHD examples made.

I'll send Carl a picture.

Allan

Your last year at The Haig 1955

Re: E.H. 50th Anniversary Parade Etc.

Hi Carl,

Thanks for your response on the anniversary event. Of course, it was back in the 70's and the 50's group was in its 'formative years' then.

That's a great idea re a 50's weekend or retreat... bringing old cars, too. I have a 1968 Ford Galaxy convertible ready and willing to revive the past.

Let's see what our execs think of it. Perhaps you could outline what you would like to see happen on that wild weekend. Yup; send same to Carl and fingers crossed!

Keep the shiny side up and don't feed the bears (in patrol cars)!

Bruce

Re: Re: E.H. 50th Anniversary Parade Etc.

Hi again, Al...
Just a wee note to recognize your actual name (not Carl). See how those seniors' moments sneak in?
Oh, well, what can you do? Boogie, that's what!
Collectible Cars; another way to go in discussion. 'Wonder if anyone else will write in on this parade business... or the anniversary. It was a Grand Event!
Later, Al,
Bruce (last time I checked)