Return to Website

The Fabulous 50's Group ~ Discussion Forum

Feel free to post a message... (Please excuse all the Ads - no extra cost for these ;-)

The Fabulous 50's Group ~ Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hunstville Band Trip

Greetings,
Does anyone recall the bus trip to Huntsville around 1955? The Senior Band played, there was a dance, we were billeted around town... Not sure but there may have been our football or basketball team playing the Huntsville gang Saturday afternoon. Bob Cringan arranged for me to play banjo with the dance band Friday night and at the Talent Show Saturday night. 'Still have that banjo; now it's a collector's item! Details, please, if ya gottem, post here or to my email. Photos? Thanks, Bruce

Your last year at The Haig 1957

Re: Hunstville Band Trip

Well, Bruce, you wrote your query years ago but anyway, I do remember that band trip to Huntsville.
My memories are quite different from yours, probably. I was billeted with a very nice family - so nice that the teenager who was my age loaned me her boyfriend for the dance!
I fell for him and waited and waited and waited for him to arrive at Earl Haig with those Huntsville people who bussed it to Toronto on a return visit. He didn't come but his girlfriend did. She was very happy to tell me that he was at his home.
Those are my memories. It was a big deal to be away from home, feeling mature and yet not being so.
Oh, yes and the meals in that house were delicious. And we were exhausted riding back on the bus.

Your last year at The Haig 1957