Return to Website

The Fabulous 50's Group ~ Discussion Forum

Feel free to post a message... (Please excuse all the Ads - no extra cost for these ;-)

The Fabulous 50's Group ~ Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mail Bag

Replies I've received from email...

Re: Mail Bag

Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2003 1:39 PM
Subject: RE: ehci - press release

Hi Carl;
Just wanted to let you know that I won't be able to make it to Toronto for the 75th anniversary. Please let everyone know I'll be thinking about them!!
Regards,
Noel

re: Vintage Photos #20 Ed Carter collection - Marsha "Stott" Plewes
----- Original Message -----
To: "Carl Dell'Agnese"
Sent: Saturday, November 08, 2003 4:47 PM
Subject: Re: Ruth B picture

Hi Carl,
That's Heather and myself. At the far right is Marsha Stott ('54), but I don't know the other girl. I do have some photos in an album but will have to get some help in putting them in a computer format. And of course I have my '55 Delphian, which is full of photos of us all. Thanks to Ed Carter for this one!

Cheers,
Ruth

Sent: Monday, March 17, 2003 11:16 AM
Subject: RE: EHCI May 9

I always thought our school motto was ironic; its latin derivative had the meaning, "to lay waste to a city after a siege" or "sieze the city and pillage it!". according to Ms. Vanderlip. Sieze the day indeed: I knew better and wasted it as if by some internal command, and no regrets, but great memories! See you all soon. [By the way Earl Haig was a coward, noted to hide behind the lines after he ordered young men out to be slaughtered. Do we need an (new) name or regimen change?]
- Peace, Allan.

To: = carl
> Message: = i have all the year books from 1950 to 1957 they are yours for the asking for this great site. also enter my jane's name "jane conniche" as
a former student. thanks.

I graduated from Earl Haig in 1955,
My name was Heather Macdonald -- now Heather Mallett.
> 453 Briar Avenue, Ottawa, ON K1H 5H5
Tel is 613-737-4383
so could you please add my name to the list for EHCI reunions?

Your last year at The Haig 1955

Dec 29/04
Heather McDonald

Just trying to touch base with a few more friends. You might remember me as Nancy Armstrong. If I remember correctly you lived on Steeles in a very nice house. Think you also squared danced at Royal Winter Fair with Mr Campbell, Walter Botham, Maryanne McKinnon, myself, John - can't remember his last name

I will be at this e mail till Jan 11, then home on the 12th (very late!) and have reactivated my mail at home. tnlewis@primus.ca. Have to change the settings on this laptop, so may take a day or two to get some help.

Touch base if you have time, and pass by this site.
TTYL
Nancy

Your last year at The Haig 1955

Dear all--

Loved this note. Just had to pay tribute to Carl's good humour. Carpe diem, indeed! Keep them coming!

Anyone know what became of Mr. Honsberger-- one of my all-time favourite teachers! He actually had me thinking I could do maths! Alas, university taught me otherwise.

Fond memories and blessings all, from sunny Halifax NS... I have to make one of those reunions someday! Last time I saw Crombie we were running him for Mayor...

Iain

----- Original Message -----
To: Winnie Rade ; Sue ; Shirley Dunstan ; Sandra Beatty ; Russell Strathdee ; Roy Jones ; Roy & Marilyn ; Ron and Claire King ; Rev. Iain Macdonald ; Peter Marko ; Mario D ; Louis Zanibbi ; Louis Kertsos ; Len Campeis ; Joyce Dell ; John Ginou ; John & Jane Sanderson ; Don & Elinor Brown ; Dianne Klein ; Bob Pemberton ; Bob & Joan Craig ; Bill & Sue Dunsmoor ; Bernard Younder ; Ann Lewis ; Andrea McGrath
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2005 9:57 AM
Subject: CATHOLIC HUMOR

One morning a man comes into the church on crutches.
He stops in front of the holy water and splashes some of it on both of his legs, then throws away his crutches.

An altar boy witnessed the scene and runs into the rectory to tell the priest what he'd just seen.

Without batting an eye, the priest says, "Son, you've just witnessed a miracle. Tell me, where is this man?"

"Flat on his ass, Father, over by the holy water."