Return to Website

Boots-n-Saddles News Forum

Welcome to the BnS News Forum! Your entries can be made in html format and graphics are also allowed. Cursing is blocked, so be careful what you say or your message will not be accepted. DJs, feel free to post your playlists! Artists, post your latest news, photos, and showdates! Country websites, make announcements to let the rest of us know what's goin' on and to get more traffic to your sites!

Boots-n-Saddles News Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
AMERICA IN TEARS

“a ‘not so’ independent view”

by: Linda Fryer, BMI, CLA

Today, as I sit here in tears, I cannot express to you the deep sadness I feel. I know that you all feel the same. It is rare that I am at a loss for words. But I’m not sure I can tell you how I feel today, or even if it’s necessary. But I’ll attempt to write something, for the sake of my own sanity….Music….thank God for the music. I have searched the TV stations for a break from the horrific images I’ve been watching for over 24 hours. I’ve been pretty much unable to find anything at all. And when I do, I don’t really WATCH it, or listen to what’s being said there. Instead, I switch back to what makes me so sad, even sick to my stomach. I’m not sure why I do it. I don’t think it’s a need for the shocking images. I don’t think it’s a need to be made even sadder. I think it’s purely disbelief. And I keep hoping that someone will suddenly tell me that it’s ok….that this isn’t REALLY as bad as it looks….that people are alive beneath the rubble….But, sadly, this hasn’t been the case….It’s really true, what happened yesterday morning…And I still can’t stop crying. I don’t know if this emptiness is caused by sadness, or fear, or disbelief, or anger, or shock. But I know that even with the radio on, the music playing, the emptiness is there. I guess I will wait a while to try to do any reviews. It wouldn’t be fair to do it now. But….I WILL listen to the music…because it’s the only thing that’s real now. I find some comfort there. I hope the artists and writers, will not stop now. Because we need you! If ever there was a time when we need to be lifted up, and carried away from what is reality, it’s now….I appreciate your patience…I’ve asked for your patience before, under NORMAL circumstances. And you’ve always given it to me. Now, the need is greater. I have NO words to say about the music I'm listening to, except to say, thank GOD for it. I think without the music, we would surely all parish…………………L**