Return to Website

Boots-n-Saddles News Forum

Welcome to the BnS News Forum! Your entries can be made in html format and graphics are also allowed. Cursing is blocked, so be careful what you say or your message will not be accepted. DJs, feel free to post your playlists! Artists, post your latest news, photos, and showdates! Country websites, make announcements to let the rest of us know what's goin' on and to get more traffic to your sites!

Boots-n-Saddles News Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Renfro Valley Review!!

Hi folks! Well, a quick note to let y’all know that I’ve once again, been struck with AWE!!!!! Yep, it’s true….I got a CD in the mail recently, that has had a very powerful affect on me….and I want to tell you about it…and then, I want you to BUY IT!!! This CD, “John Lair’s Renfro Valley”, is a walk back in history. Its MORE than that…it’s a REAL walk back in history! I truly believe this could become a collector’s item, folks, and I don’t want you to miss it. Not if you’re TRULY a country music fan. I mean if you care about where the music began…if you care about the folks that started it all….well, this is the recording you just have to have! This wonderful CD is a soundtrack produced by the grandson of the late John Lair, famous for his music and his Renfro Valley Barn Dance, a radio show sent out to the world from a little radio station in the foothills of Kentucky. It contains recordings of some of the first stage shows performed there, and includes such artists as Red Foley, Old Joe Clark, Homer and Jethro, and many more. It also has NEW music, sung by a very talented group named the “Old Crow Medicine Show”. This bunch of guys has such an authentic mountain music sound, that I dare you to tell it from the original!

I really can’t say enough about this album, folks. I feel so strongly that each and everyone of you should have a chance to hear it, that I want you to take a minute and stop by my website www.countryFryedNews.com , read the review, then find the album and support this great work. “John Lair’s Renfro Valley”, is one of the all-time favorite albums I’ve ever had the pleasure of writing about.

I hope you’ll trust me on this one. If you want to save real country music, if you love mountain music, folk music, comedy and all that goes with a great stage/radio show, you really DO have to have this CD!

…..’course, that’s only….”an independent view” Linda Fryer, BMI, CLA

freelance Music/Entertainment Journalist

www.countryFryedNews.com

Lfryer1324@aol.com