What sources have been used in your research?
I have used countless sources to back up my facts. Every single note has its source recorded, although not on the internet, and these can be obtained from me. Among these are:
1. Personal knowledge and direct questioning of as many family members as possible.
2. Documents preserved by family members including correspondence, certificates, newspaper cuttings etc.
4. Civil registration of Births, Marriages and Deaths from 1837 to the present day, including the purchase of several hundred certificates.
5. Census entries.
1841 - 51 - 61 - 71 - 81 - 91 for England. 1901 and 1911 for Ireland and 1841 for Co. Cavan.
6. Parish Registers for Baptisms, Marriages and Burials.
7. Monumental Inscriptions and Cemetery Records.
8. IGI (International Genealogical Index) and VRI (Vital Records Index) - bearing in mind that these entries need to be checked against the original sources like Parish Registers and Bishops Transcripts.
9. CWGC database. (Commonwealth War Graves Commission).
10. AWM, Canberra. (Australian War Memorial).
11. Diverse sources such as Griffiths Valuation and the Flax Growers List for Ireland, Canadian Burials and Marriages databases, Electoral rolls, Emigration certificates, Estate files, National Burial Index, US Social Security papers, Who's Who etc.
509 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?